Advantages of a Single-Storey House
If you are only dreaming about building your own house, the thoughts concerning its planning, project, design and construction are principal for you now. These points are very important, as the future comfort of your family directly depend on them.
Of course, the future house project greatly depends on the land plot, its size and peculiarities. Sometimes, this very factor determines the construction of the building itself.
At first glance it may seem that a single-storey house looks more modest than a big two-storey house. However, this is not so. You should only look at the variety of modern constructions and all the prejudices will disappear! It can look beautiful, rich and noble and it can be rather spacious. Everything depends on your wishes and possibilities.
Now we are going to look at more practical profits of a single-storey house:
1. The first thing is the continuation of the building process itself. It will be shorter in the case of a single-storey house.
2. Speaking about the land plot, it should be admitted that its bearing capacity of soils is not important here.
3. The foundation won’t be too massive, as the load is not heavy in this case. By the way, all the other construction works won’t be very difficult, too.
4. There is no need to place stairs in a single-storey house, which can take up some space and inconvenience your family members (small children or aged people).
5. You can also save much on heating of such a house.
6. When the house is already built, it is the high time for the repair work. It will be faster and easier, as well.
As you see, there are many profits of a single-storey house, so think carefully and make the right choice, as this is very important.